Debbie Garrison, the former wife of NFL star and cowboy Walt Garrison, has lived a life deeply intertwined with rodeo and professional sports. Her journey from being crowned Miss Rodeo America in 1979 to her career in the Pro Women’s Rodeo Association, and her role on the Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame (TCHOF) Board of Directors, is a fascinating story of resilience and dedication. She was also known in the country because of her ex-husband Walt Garrison who passed away in October 2023.
Age and Birthday
Born between 1944 and 1948 in the United States, Debbie Garrison is currently between 75 and 79 years old. Unfortunately, her exact birthdate remains undisclosed, making it challenging to determine her precise age. However, her birth year places her within the mentioned age range.
Debbie Garrison Husband and Marriage
Debbie was married to the legendary NFL player and cowboy, Walt Garrison. Unfortunately, the exact year of their marriage remains unspecified, but their union lasted until 2005. While the details of their relationship are relatively private, it’s evident that their marriage was a significant part of her life.
Walt Garrison, her former spouse, was a notable figure in the world of American football. He played as a running back for the Dallas Cowboys in the National Football League (NFL) from 1966 to 1974, earning recognition for his impressive performances.
|Net worth (approx.)||USD 1 Million|
|Age||B/W 75-79 years old|
|Father||Name not known|
|Mother||Name not known|
|College/ School||Tarleton State University|
Walt Garrison Dies At 79
Walt Garrison, a former Dallas Cowboys fullback and a rodeo cowboy, passed away on 11 October 2023 at the age of 79. He had been battling Alzheimer’s disease for several years.
Garrison was a fifth-round draft pick by the Cowboys in 1966 out of Oklahoma State, where he led the Big 8 in rushing. He played nine seasons for the Cowboys, winning Super Bowl VI in 1972. He was known for his toughness, versatility, and reliability as a blocker, runner, and receiver.
Garrison was also a cowboy in the literal sense, performing in rodeos during the offseasons and even, for a while as a rookie, the night before home games. He excelled at steer wrestling and roping and once said that he enjoyed rodeo more than football. He continued to compete in rodeos after his retirement from the NFL. He is also remembered by his former teammates, coaches, and fans as one of the most beloved Cowboys of all time.
Walt Garrison’s Career Stats
- Height: 6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)
- Weight: 210 lb (95 kg)
- Position: Fullback
- College: Oklahoma State
- NFL Draft: 1966 / Round: 5 / Pick: 79
- NFL career: 1966-1974
- NFL team: Dallas Cowboys
- Super Bowl champion: VI
- Pro Bowl: 1972
- Career NFL statistics:
- Rushing yards: 3,491
- Rushing average: 4.3
- Rushing touchdowns: 30
- Receptions: 182
- Receiving yards: 1,794
- Receiving touchdowns: 9
Although Debbie Garrison and Walt Garrison were married for a considerable period, there is no public information available regarding the couple having children together. Their personal life remains primarily private, and they choose not to share this aspect with the public.
Debbie Garrison’s Career
Her professional journey is deeply rooted in the world of rodeo, where she carved out her own niche and made significant contributions to the sport. Here are some key highlights from her career:
- Miss Rodeo America 1979: One of the notable accomplishments in Garrison’s career was being crowned Miss Rodeo America in 1979. This title marked her as a prominent figure in the rodeo world, and it opened doors to further opportunities in the industry.
- Pro Women’s Rodeo Association: Debbie joined the Pro Women’s Rodeo Association, a renowned organization dedicated to promoting and advancing women’s rodeo sports. Her involvement in this association reflects her commitment to the sport.
- 12-Time Professional Women’s Rodeo Association Finals Qualifier: Garrison’s remarkable achievements in the world of professional rodeo include qualifying for the Professional Women’s Rodeo Association Finals an impressive 12 times. This consistency and excellence in her performances speak volumes about her skills and dedication.
- Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame (TCHOF) Board of Directors: As of recent times, Walt Garrison’s ex-wife proudly serves on the Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame (TCHOF) Board of Directors. This role demonstrates her continued involvement and commitment to the preservation and celebration of the cowboy and rodeo culture in Texas.
Her career is a testament to her passion for rodeo and her dedication to the promotion of the sport, both as a competitor and as a contributor to its legacy.
Debbie Garrison’s educational background is linked to Tarleton State University, a renowned institution located in Stephenville, Texas. Although specific details about her academic pursuits and degrees obtained remain undisclosed, it is clear that she has been associated with the university.
Instagram – Not found
Wikipedia – @Walt_Garrison
Facebook – Share soon
Twitter – Will update
Homepage – SeeFutureNews.com
Debbie Garrison’s net worth is estimated to be around USD 1 million. While this is a noteworthy amount, it is essential to remember that her wealth is a reflection of her career and achievements in the world of rodeo. Her journey, crowned with accolades and contributions to the sport, has contributed to her financial success.
Facts and Trivia
- Garrison’s marriage to Walt Garrison was likely strengthened by their shared passion for rodeo. While Walt achieved fame in the NFL and rodeo, Debbie made her mark as a rodeo queen and competitor.
- Despite being married to a prominent sports figure, Debbie Garrison’s personal life has remained relatively private, with limited information about her family and personal experiences.
- Debbie’s involvement in the Pro Women’s Rodeo Association and her position on the TCHOF Board of Directors demonstrates her unwavering dedication to preserving the legacy of rodeo and cowboy culture.
- Winning the title of Miss Rodeo America in 1979 is a remarkable achievement that highlights her charisma, poise, and commitment to the rodeo community.
Is Debbie Garrison still involved in rodeo?
Yes, she continues to be involved in the rodeo community, particularly through her role on the Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame (TCHOF) Board of Directors.
What is Debbie Garrison’s most significant achievement in rodeo?
Garrison’s crowning as Miss Rodeo America in 1979 stands as one of her most significant achievements in the rodeo world.
How long were Debbie Garrison and Walt Garrison married?
Debbie and Walt Garrison were married until 2005, although the exact year of their marriage remains undisclosed.
Does Debbie Garrison have children?
There is no publicly available information regarding Debbie having children with Walt Garrison or from any other relationship.
What is Debbie Garrison’s net worth?
Garrison’s net worth is estimated to be around USD 1 million, reflecting her successful career and contributions to the world of rodeo.
Conclusion – Debbie Garrison’s life and legacy are deeply rooted in the world of rodeo, from her early achievements as Miss Rodeo America in 1979 to her continued involvement in the Pro Women’s Rodeo Association and her role on the TCHOF Board of Directors. While her private life remains mostly undisclosed, her professional journey and dedication to the sport have made her a prominent figure in the rodeo community. Her legacy serves as a testament to her passion for rodeo and the cowboy culture that she continues to advocate for and preserve.