UDGAM Portal – RBI has just launched another important portal to keep a check on the funds of banks. According to the sources, Unclaimed deposits are those accounts that have not been operated by the customers for a period of more than 10 years. These deposits can be in any form such as saving accounts, recurring deposits, fixed deposits, current accounts, and others.
Furthermore, the epic bank RBI shared that by the date of 30 June 2020, there were around 2.8 Crores unclaimed deposit accounts. The aggregated balance of such an account is INR 24,356 crore in various banks in India. These amounts are of those people, who may have forgotten their money, died, moved to another place, opened new accounts, changed their names, and much more. Because of any circumstance, the amount got aggregated when the customer wasn’t able to claim their money in the bank.
Why did RBI launch the UDGAM portal?
On 18 August 2023, the Reserve Bank of India launched the UDGAM portal so that customers can search for their unclaimed money across multiple banks in India in one place. With the collaboration of Indian Financial Technology & Allied Services (IFTAS), Reserve Bank Information Technology Pvt Ltd (ReBIT), and other participating banks, RBI has developed the portal to help the people.
The purpose of the UDGAM portal is that web users can identify their unclaimed money, deposits, and accounts. Also, they can decide further to claim the deposit money and make their accounts operative at several banks.
Not only this, but RBI also said that they will hold public awareness campaigns from time to time to make people aware of their unclaimed deposits and encourage them to approach their banks to claim them and further proceedings.
How to register on the UDGAM portal?
To get registered on the portal, the users have to follow some steps such as –
- To open the website visit ‘udgam.rbi.org.in’
- A login page will display on the screen. Click on ‘Register’.
- Filled the data such as your mobile number, Name, Password, and more.
- Clear the captcha and got agreed with the terms and conditions.
- Afterward, you will get an OTP. Enter OTP and click on ‘Verify’.
- Later, a message will appear about your successful registration.
How to search for unclaimed deposits on the UDGAM portal?
- Firstly login with your mobile number and password.
- After receiving the OTP, fill that and a dashboard will display on the screen.
- There are a lot of options such as My Requests, Search Unclaimed Deposits, My Profile, and much more.
- Click on the ‘Search Unclaimed Deposits’.
- A form will appear which needs your name, date of birth, UID no, PAN Card, and other details.
- After clicking on the ‘Search’ button, the process will start and it will show you unclaimed deposits.
- You can also find the unclaimed deposits of your family members and also claim them.
How to claim unclaimed deposits on the UDGAM portal?
- After clicking on the ‘Claim’ button, a window will appear that will ask about your relationship with the account holder.
- Fill in the details and Proceed further.
- The next window will display, which need the account number, bank IFSC code, brand name, and where you want to transfer the money.
- Click ‘Submit’ and later you will receive another message for confirmation. Click ‘OK’.
- You will get a message and email with a reference number where you can track your claim.
- On the ‘My Requests’ button, you can check whether your claim is pending, approved, rejected, etc.
Which banks are currently available on the UDGAM portal?
- State Bank of India
- Punjab National Bank
- South Indian Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Dhanlaxmi Bank
- DBS Bank India
- CitiBank N.A.
The remaining banks will be made available on the portal by 15 October 2023.